Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Wedding Accomplished

A lovely bride and a beautiful day



Our daughter Keely and her fiance Taurus were married October 23, 2010, at Oakland Manor, Hopkinsville, KY. It was a small, simple, informal wedding.

During a chilly spell a couple of weeks before the wedding, I worried that the weather might be too cold to have the wedding outdoors. A few days later,  the temperatures rebounded to 80°F, and I worried that people might get hot and sunburned at the wedding. However, we were blessed with a beautiful day. It was about 75°F with a breeze and mostly overcast skies.

A number of family members traveled long distances to share the day. My brother came from Kansas, and my sister was here from Missouri , along with two sons and a fiancee. My aunt, uncle, and cousin came from northern Illinois, and another cousin and her daughter-in-law came from western Tennessee. My husband's sister and niece from Texas were here, as well as two more sisters and a nephew from Missouri.

I don't remember anything at all going wrong at the wedding. The bride and groom were radiant with happiness. It was clear that their vows were spoken from the heart. The pastor spoke eloquent words of wisdom to the bride and groom. The music was beautiful. I thought it was a really lovely ceremony, and many guests told me the same.

Life should settle down some, now. Perhaps I will even be able to gather my thoughts and write in my blog again!

6 comments:

Sunny said...

Congrats to the happy couple! Yes, I have missed you and your posts. Glad you are back :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. The flowers turned out just awesome. Did Keely knit the shawl she wore? It was so beautiful.

Blessings to the happy couple. They look just perfect together.

Blessings always.

Genevieve Netz said...

Thank you for the good wishes, ladies. It was a happy day for all of us! I hope to get back to regular blogging soon.

Stitchy, yes, Keely did knit her shawl and also the wrap that her maid of honor is wearing. She will have to tell you the type of yarn she used. The boutonnières and corsages were also a knitting project. I'll let her explain how she did them.

Keely said...

The shawl was alpaca laceweight and about a million hours of time. The boutonnieres were fingering weight feltable yarn held double and then felted in the washing machine. I started out hand felting, but I decided that I just wasn't willing to do that with as many as I ended up needing.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Keely, you are so very talented. You did such a wonderful job on all the projects for the wedding. Just awesome. You are going to have to start your own blog so we can all follow your future projects. :)

Genevieve, it's good to have you back blogging again. The wedding pictures were so beautiful. You both did such a wonderful job on everything. It truly looked like a story book wedding.

Blessings to you both. :)

Keely said...

I'm CatheryntheWeird on Ravelry (for those people who are on Ravelry). I'm actually an administrator on the blog, so I've considered hijacking it for my own nefarious craft related reasons, but I'm not sure that I would have enough to say most of the time to have my own blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.