Thursday, April 03, 2008

Once Again, The Deer

Another wildlife photography opportunity



Deer at sunset

You may wonder why these deer's eyes are glowing strangely even though they are silhouetted against the sky. That's because I forgot that the flash was on when I grabbed my camera. Its light wasn't strong enough to illuminate the deer's bodies, but their eyes reflected it clearly. The flash did light up some of the ditch grass in the foreground.

Of course the deer left right after I flashed my camera at them, so I didn't get to fiddle with the buttons and try again. I don't do well with spur-of-the-moment one-chance photo opportunities. I consider myself lucky that I got a picture at all.

4 comments:

David Crofts Munro said...

An excellent shot, my freind. My yearning for home has increased greatly thanks its color and hue.

A wonderful blog.

I look forward to my next visit.

Genevieve Netz said...

You're very kind, David. Thanks for visiting, and please feel at home here.

Anonymous said...

You did very well.
It's a little masterpiece.
James

Runawayimagination said...

Great picture! Sometimes the best pictures happen without much planning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.