Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Some of My Valentines

A Valentine's Day note of appreciation to...



Valentine flowers1. My husband who has put up with me for 29 years, through thick and thin, and much more. It's been interesting. :)

2. Keely, my daughter, and Isaac, my son -- they're fine young adults and I'm proud of them.

3. Dwight and Charlotte, my brother and sister, who've known me since the beginning and love me anyhow.

4. Kathy, my sister-in-law and David, my brother-in-law, who take care of my brother and sister for me.

5. Taurus, my daughter's boyfriend of several years, a good-natured guy who tolerates the Netz family well and never complains about fixing my computer one more time.

6. My Cousin Alta, Aunt Becky, and Uncle Larry, who try to keep track of me.

7. My girlfriend Sammie whom I've known since I was 13 years old. When we get together, we laugh and laugh about all the craziness we've shared.

8. My church friend, Jackie, who is like me in so many ways -- a farm girl whose birthday is just one day before mine, she grew up in the EUB church just as I did.

9. Our pastor who has been a true friend, a Godly example, and a spiritual guide. He's helped us through some very traumatic experiences.

10. Our neighbor lady, Margie, who takes a motherly interest in me.

11. Our two Mennonite neighbor families who are kind, decent people.

12. My co-worker, Debbie, who's always cheerful and helpful.
.
13. All my blog readers -- including you! I appreciate your visit to my humble blog, and I hope your Valentine's Day has been happy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.