Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ads on the Blog

Blogs and Blogging...



Dear hearts and gentle people (all of you who read regularly!), I have decided to add some Google text-link ads to this blog. I am adding them for the 100-150 page hits per day that come mostly from search engines. They are not aimed at you!

In fact, please do not click on them repeatedly as a favor to me because Google frowns upon that. They will even block a site from running Google ads if there are suspicious levels of clicks from a handful of IP addresses.

I don't think this blog is focused enough to run Google text ads very effectively, but I decided to try it and see what happens. If the ads turn out to be too random or too ugly or if they are pointless because no surfer ever clicks on them, I will probably remove them.

I am going to start a tree blog soon, and I'm going to try to keep it focused mostly on trees. I plan to run ads on it because people who come to a tree site from a search for tree information might actually click on a tree ad. (I don't know if anyone who comes to the very random Prairie Bluestem site will click on a very random ad or not!)

I became rather obsessed with trees 15 years ago when we bought this place and we could finally plant anything we wanted. I did a tremendous amount of research, and finally I wrote an extensive native trees website that still resides on my computer though it's not on the internet anymore. I will be drawing upon it for the blog from time to time.

I also have a large personal library of tree reference books and an unlimited number of local trees to photograph in all seasons, so I'm ready for this, I think. I just need to get the layout figured out.

4 comments:

Sarabeth said...

I think ads on a tree blog would be a wonderful idea. Blogs focused on items such as that are much better at having targeted ads than truly personal blogs.

Genevieve Netz said...

It will be interesting to see how it goes. I would be pleasantly surprised if it made a dollar a day, to tell you the truth.

Collagemama said...

I'm curious to see what happens. I added Amazon ads to my blog recently, and have already made about forty-three cents!

Genevieve Netz said...

Good for you, Collagemama. :D Do you read ProBlogger? He has a lot of advice about "monetizing" a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.