Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Dinner Preparations

All In The Family...



I've been in the kitchen for several hours and I'm taking a break. I've been baking for tomorrow's Easter dinner. Keely and her boyfriend will be here, and I want to have a nice meal. Here's the menu:

Easter DinnerRelish tray
Fresh Fruit salad
Pork Tenderloin
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Macaroni & cheese
Green peas
Baby Carrots
Baking powder biscuits
Cheesecake with blueberry topping
Rice Krispy Bars


The macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy are treats for us. I don't usually fix them because they are just too fattening! I don't make biscuits often either. But tomorrow, we'll splurge a little on carbs. I thought about making yeast rolls, but I have decided I am just not that energetic tonight.

I just got the cheesecakes (a big one and a little one) out of the oven. I am excited because for the first time ever, I actually have springform pans to bake them in. I bought some the other day. WalMart sells a pack of three heavy, nice, Wilton® springform pans that nest together for about $10. I don't know why I didn't buy them years ago.

I hope the cheesecakes are going to be all right. I used fat-free sour cream, mostly Splenda instead of sugar, and mostly fat-free cream cheese. The only "real" ingredients in the cheesecakes are the eggs, and the graham cracker crumbs and margarine in the crust.

In a few minutes, I'm going to put the tenderloin in a baking dish, ready to put in the oven tomorrow morning before we leave for church. I have already made the cheese sauce and cooked the macaroni for the macaroni & cheese.

I don't expect to get home from church until around 1 p.m. and we'll eat at about 2 p.m. I will reheat the cheese sauce right after we get home, pour it over the macaroni, and put it in the oven to cook while the rest of the dinner is coming together.

Now if I just had the house vacuumed and if I knew for sure what I was going to wear tomorrow, I'd be prepared. Well, to be honest, the house needs more than just vacuuming, so I suppose I'd better get busy.

6 comments:

Neurotic Mom said...

Hope you have a wonderful and Happy Easter.

Sarabeth said...

Wow! We are going hiking. My husband is going to hide the eggs along the trail for the girls.

May your Easter be a good family time.

Genevieve Netz said...

I know, I know. :D We will need to go hiking after all that food. I will have to do a lot of push mowing on Monday.

The guys are supposed to get the tire off the lawn mower tomorrow afternoon so I can take it somewhere and see if it can be repaired.

We haven't done Easter Eggs for a while, but we used to have lots of fun with that. I hope eventually I'll have some grandkids to have Easter Egg fun with.

Trixie said...

That sounds like a wonderful menu! And I had no idea the Wilton springform pans were so affordable. How were the cheesecakes?

I hope you had a great Easter. I was very happy to have a very long nap after church today.

Genevieve Netz said...

The cheesecake was pretty good. I am not going to say it was equal to a cheesecake baked with all the full-fat ingredients, but it was't bad.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed that wonderful spread... it's just right for me!
KennethF
ps: Our ham dinner at Aunt Donna's was very good but no masheeed potatos and
gravy. My wife Jo Anne allways makes a pinnapple & lime jello on greens and
I top w/mayo? later, ~(:-_))kfh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.