Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Buzzards Resting in the Trees

Life in Christian County, Kentucky... More About Birds and Animals...



Buzzards roosting in a tree

I have lived here in Kentucky, the Land of Buzzards, for about 15 years. In that time, I have rarely seen buzzards resting in a tree, and never at 8:30 a.m. Usually, I see them in the air, riding the winds, or on the ground, gorging on roadkill. These two must have already had plenty to eat or they'd surely have been doing their usual aerial reconnaissance.

3 comments:

Neurotic Mom said...

I've probably said this many times but you take great pictures!

Genevieve Netz said...

Thanks, Mom. I don't consider this one to be too great of a photo, but it does have an unusual topic.

Unknown said...

Looks like nesting duties to me? Just a guess but I do watch birds more than most. Thanks for the recient visit and the link! Your most recent photos are all most enjoyable and seem especially sharp. The story lines... I can't say enough about as you know I consider, TOPS! later, ~(:-_))-kfh

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.