Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Good Sunday

A surprise visit by Keely


Dennis went to Chattanooga, or thereabouts, to do inventory at a small AAFES facility Saturday and spent the night, so Isaac and I went to Sunday School and church this morning by ourselves. I was really surprised when Keely slipped into the pew beside me a bit after church started. I hadn't realized she was coming home.

By the time we got home from church, Dennis was back. He was surprised to see Keely too! I had put a roast in the oven this morning before leaving, so it was ready, and we had a good and fairly quick and easy lunch of roast beef, baked potatoes, lettuce salad, and fruit salad.

After lunch, Keely and I looked at the garb I have been sewing and discussed it thoroughly. Then she showed me some of the moves and stretches she has been learning in her Tai Chi class. It reminded me a little of ballet because the movements are very graceful. She seems to like it.

I have been sewing this evening, and with a couple more hours, I should be finished with a wool tunic that I will either try to sell at Keely's SCA event this spring, or give to Isaac to wear to it. It looks pretty good, but now that I'm nearly done, I have some ideas about how I should have done it, of course.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTENTMENT: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, sing often, pray always, forget self, think of others and their feelings, fill your heart with love, scatter sunshine. These are the tried links in the golden chain of contentment.
(Author unknown)

IT IS STILL BEST to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasure; and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong.
(Laura Ingalls Wilder, 1867-1957)

Thanks for reading.